Invest in the Riverina
Based in the thriving city of Wagga Wagga, Riverina Water provides of safe and reliable water across the Southern NSW region.
Located on the Murrumbidgee River downstream from the Burrinjuck and Blowering dams, Riverina Water offers a unique opportunity - secure and affordable water supply coupled with significant NSW Government investment in Wagga Wagga’s industrial precinct.
Providing industry with secure and reliable water
- Riverina Water has the advantage of sourcing water from its network of bores and the river itself
- The Burrinjuck and Blowering dams provide regular water flows down the Murrumbidgee River, meaning surface water is readily available and the groundwater sources are sustainable
- Riverina Water has no current restrictions on industrial water usage
- In 2018/19, Riverina Water utilised only 64.7 per cent its total water licence, which is more than 24,300 megalitres
- Riverina Water controls the majority of groundwater licences in the region, which increases its annual water allocation and allows it to ensure groundwater is sustainably managed
Riverina Water has constructed a new $35M water treatment plant at its main site in Wagga Wagga, which is designed to meet water needs to 2040 and beyond
The new plant has a capacity of 55 meglalitres per day compared to the previous 40 megalires, allowing it to handle peak demand periods and future development with ease
In addition, Riverina Water is regularly constructing new reservoirs and upgrading infrastructure to provide reliable drinking water to 73,000-plus customers
Working together to help industry thrive in the Riverina region
Our commitment to our customers is to provide safe and reliable water at the lowest sustainable cost.
We are continually investing in new infrastructure to improve our network and ensure it has the capability to deliver water for the growing city of Wagga Wagga and surrounding region.
Having access to high quality, bulk water is an essential ingredient for any business or industrial development.
Our water security and future-proofed infrastructure, coupled with unheralded investment by the NSW Government and Wagga Wagga City Council’s strategic planning, creates a unique opportunity for industry.
Our headquarters is located on the Sturt Highway in the heart of Wagga Wagga, just 11km from the Bomen Industrial Area and Special Activation Precinct.
Contact us to discuss how we can help your business grow in the Riverina.